|Date:||March 8th, 2012|
|Place:||EE1 Building (Electrical Engineering)
University of Washington Campus
|Subject:||Roundtable Discussion on System Admin Topics|
Some questions to get the discussion going are:
- What is the difference between customer-facing services and internal IT? What can we do to take advantage of scale between them?
- What are your plans/ideas for handling the proliferation of mobile devices that need access to your network?
- What is better – bring your own device (BYOD) or company provided device (CPD)?
- How do you handle authentication when many of the core IT services are being outsourced to external providers?
- How are you taking advantage of social technologies in your workplace?
- What are the 3 major changes you have see in IT in the last 5 years?
- What are the best ways to find new IT employees?
- Do you have information overload? If so, how are you dealing with it?
As always, there will be dinner sponsored by Silicon Mechanics. Check them out at http://www.siliconmechanics.com/
There will also be several CACert assurers present.
The meeting will be at the Electrical Engineering building on the University of Washington Campus, aka EE1. Directions are linked to the EE Department’s web site above. Parking is $5 after 5pm.